An extremely interesting word to be sure, at least for those of us that appreciate the meaning of words, and (in my humble opinion), not a word that anyone that doesn’t appreciate and have a use for words with (double meanings) would want to associate their name with.
According to Webster: “care,” (kâr) n. …
1. A burdened state of mind, as that arising from heavy responsibilities; worry.
2. Mental suffering; grief.
3. An object or source of worry, attention, or solicitude: the many cares of a working parent.
4. Caution in avoiding harm or danger: handled the crystal bowl with care.
5. Close attention; painstaking application: painting the window frames and sashes with care. b. Upkeep; maintenance: a product for the care of fine floors; hair care products.
6. Watchful oversight; charge or supervision: left the child in the care of a neighbor.
7. Attentive assistance or treatment to those in need: a hospital that provides emergency care; to be concerned
According to thesaurus.com (synonyms) for the word care include…
Responsibility, affliction, aggravation, alarm, anguish, annoyance, anxiety, apprehension, bother, burden, chagrin, charges, consternation, discomposure, dismays, disquiet, distress, disturbance, encumbrance, exasperation, fear, foreboding, fretfulness, handicap, hardship, hindrance, impediment, incubus, load, misgiving, nuisance, onus, oppression, perplexity, pressure, solicitude, sorrow, stew, strain, stress, sweat, tribulation, trouble, uneasiness, unhappiness, vexation, woe, worry
According to Webster: “syn·o·nym,” A word having the same or nearly the same meaning as another word or other words in a language.
Accordingly, for those of you with the time and the inclination for a bit of fun with reality – place the letters “OBAMA” in front of each of the synonyms I have provided above.
Although, (at least in my humble opinion), every one of the synonyms above is fitting, my favorite is…
I don’t see any love in his eyes, ..do you?
Truth forges understanding, I’ll be back tomorrow